BOOM- Blistering

AA6B052F-D156-45CF-82B7-2B5BBD69C082.jpegTo say it is toasty here in Ohio is an understatement.

What a great day through to jump in the pool.

We have a community pool here in our town. Many families gather and have fun splashing around and cooling off. We are so fortunate.

Today my husband Krishna and I were talking about the people, in many parts of the world, who have no escape from intense heat or in the winter from intense cold.

Blessing # 15 Comfortable shelter

BOOM – Beloved

BEABA2C8-4CB6-41BD-A734-3FED1134ED63.jpegBet that today many people will post a lovely message to their Dads thanking them for all they have done for them.

Absolutely understand that.

One of the greatest blessings in the world is a Father who believes in you and loves you to bits. Never once did I doubt that my Beloved Daddy loved me

If our Dads are still with us and close by we can hug them today. Do it!!!!

If they are in heaven,like mine, then they hug us all day and everyday just in a special and different way.

Blessing # 14- Father Forever

BOOM – Blemish

90C29BF7-6D64-4ADA-84A9-D0A2CE78006A.jpegThis morning I went to Zumba and had to stop on the way home to buy tomatoes at our little farmers market.

Of course I forgot to bring my wallet so I only had the change that was in the car.

I knew how many tomatoes I needed and that I didn’t have enough until that is I spotted a box marked “seconds”.

All the difference I could see were one or two little blemishes so I bagged what I needed and bought them.

Made me think that if I had searched for perfection I would have had to come back.

How often do we do that?

Is anything or anyone perfect? Of course they aren’t.

So accept that little blemish because beneath the surface it will be just as sweet.

Blessing# 13 – Seeing more than the surface

BOOM – Beauty in a Bend

Thanks to my nephew and friend Krishna here is something that will take a few minutes to watch but is well worth it.

Krishna is a medical doctor in fact a pathologist and he is always on the hunt for great science stories that he shares with all his family and friends.

Hope you all are enjoying « The Cup » and that there will be one or two goals just as memorable as this one. This helps me see that a bend is a thing of beauty

Blessing # 12 People like Krishna with a passion to share and explain the wonders of science.

BOOM-Brackets

grass sport game match
Photo by Pixabay on Pexels.com

With the start of the World Cup we will all be rooting for our favorite teams.

This year Aaron has completed a Bracket. He had to predict the out come of each game including the score

If he wins he gets to go to the winning country.  Chances of winning are probably a billion to one but it is fun.

Are you doing anything special?

BLESSING # 11 – Sports that bring us all together

BOOM – BOUFFANT

bouffant-cap

There are some words that make me laugh and one of those is BOUFFANT.

It is an innocent enough word but for those of us who work in the food industry or in pharmaceutical or medical professions BOUFFANT things can really wreck havoc on our hairdo.

Then again, if you have a hairdo that is a bit BOUFFANT maybe a cap might help.

bouffant hair

Share the word that makes you laugh the most

BLESSING # 10 – Hairspray

BOOM – Best Book

F6BD7BC0-3019-41FA-ACBF-D86909B966E7.jpeg

If you had to choose just one book what would it be?

Only read this book a few years ago but with a son from China it is a story that touched my heart.

Share your very best book

Blessing # 9 Books to share

BOOM – Bunnies

close up photography of brown rabbit
Photo by Flickr on Pexels.com

Around our home we have lots of rabbits. I nearly took one out this evening on my way home.

They are fast when they want to be and this guy tonight dodged me at that last minute. Raised my heart rate to a real BOOM BOOM

They eat our garden plants with abandon  just as Benjamin Bunny did in that famous tale of Beatrix Potter.

In spite of all their nonsense we still love them because they are cute critters.

Blessing # 8 All Creatures Great and Small

BOOM – Boom & Blitzen

9D41C0CA-16C3-478C-BFD8-DF741C4E6C8DWhat storms we have had this past week. Our poor dog Dibley just hates them. He shakes like a leaf and there is nothing we can do to help him.  Just cuddle and wait .

BLESSING #7 The sun always shines again

BOOM – BELONG

BC8EDD91-EFFA-4617-914A-E0FA834EA86E

This morning at a meeting my friend Pastor Sharon Hausmann talked about the need to recognize and appreciate that each of us have different gifts.

Sharon mentioned a saying of Mother Teresa that I had never heard before. It was certainly a blessing to start the day.

The dear mother said that

“If we have no peace it is because we have forgotten that we BELONG to each other.”

Blessing # 6 Sharon and those like her who make us think