BOOM – Beak Business

E644D7F6-8C81-402C-B6AF-D6E1875443AB.png

The impact of plastic on wildlife has had wide press coverage in the past year.

We have seen what has happened to marine life and many people, companies and governments have made commitments to improve recycling schemes, explore alternative materials and reduce packaging.

This is very important and commendable. Each one of us has our part to play on this journey.

An issue our bird buddies are facing was in the news this week. This was new to me and something I’d never thought of.

Plastic rings used in many applications including around bottle necks can get stuck on birds beaks. This can be painful and deadly.

By simply snipping these rings we solve the beak problem.

Of course we should recycle the bottle and the ring but by taking this small additional step we ensure one problem is solved.

5C5DD4CE-A1DF-42DB-8E96-99F9257B951B.jpeg

Blessing # 87 – Moving in the Right Direction