BOOM – Bins

67CB869C-E986-4E90-B93D-E91540E92330.jpeg

Today is the weekly trash collection day in our neighborhood. In the UK we’d call this Bin Day.

Many years ago, in the late 1950s,  when bins were noisy little tin cans my Mom was very impressed by a sermon our pastor Reverend Sanson preached on thankfulness.

Many professions were mentioned in his message, teachers, doctors, nurses, soldiers, and policemen but the take away was that we should never forget the “Binmen”.

My Mom made sure that she regularly passed this message on to me and many others in the years ahead,

Trash collection has come a long way since then. We accumulate so much more trash today than we ever did back then. Fortunately  we have the ability to recycle but we still waste way too much!

When I was taking the bins to the kerb today it was still dark but Venus was bright in the sky and the stars were beautiful.

It was a glorious start to the day but come rain, storm or snow those who provide us with our trash collection service will come out to take care of us.

Take a moment to reflect on the key role this plays in maintaining hygiene and in disease prevention.

We are so fortunate to have this great service unlike many people around the world who still don’t.

Blessing # 148 – Civil Infrastructure