BOOM – Beans

ABCBEA59-113A-4373-91CE-17B699A169DA.jpeg

Beans have a place in many diets and they have a place in many hearts too.

In the UK Baked Beans on toast was a staple in the diet of the 60s and 70s when I was growing up. Guess it still is today. I know Aaron loves it.

My Mum would serve me this meal as lunch when I was at primary school. I have fond memories of sitting at the table by a roaring fire eating this.

We would have lashing of butter on the toast and a good spoon in the beans too. Try it next time makes them super duper tasty.

Today we see a great resurgence in the appreciation of beans thanks to the vegan and flexitatian food trends.

So many cultures to copy in meals using beans. What better than a good bean chili or a chick pea curry. If you have a favorite bean recipe please share.

Since time immemorial in China soy milk has been the meal to start the day. Great to see such drinks on the market all around the world now and many others made with legumes being launched too.

All this is not just good for our health but good for our planet too.

This little rhyme, that some of you may know, and that is scientifically proven to be true, is a fitting end to this tribute.

Beans Beans the wonderful fruit

The more you eat the more you toot

The more you toot the better you feel

So eat those Beans with every meal!