BOOM – Battlefront

sunset sun horizon priroda
Photo by Pixabay on Pexels.com

This day 102 years ago the dreadful and most horrible Battle of the Somme began close to Amiens in Picardie Norhern France.

Many young men at that battle came from Northern Ireland including both my grandfathers.

There were so many others there too from across the UK and France and of course from Germany.

All of those precious young people did what they were ordered to do. They fought a war.

Tens of thousands died and not one single one of them would ever forget that horror.

Let us remember all of them and their  sacrifice and commit to doing all we can to keep peace and  to restore it where it has been lost.

Blessing # 27 – Peace