BOOM – Bread & Butter

4CCADD4E-0B61-4A99-95B8-F4E82294333D.jpeg

We had a lot of stale bread hanging around since our Christmas Eve fondue. So rather than make croûtons as we usually would today we got adventurous and made bread and butter pudding.

This was a first for us but is one of those traditional British dishes that people have been making for years to use up odds and ends rather than waste them.

Its a pretty well balanced little meal when you think of the bread, eggs, milk and fruit. Maybe a bit high in the sugar but as Krishna reminds me often his father would say « if you put enough sugar on it you can even eat straw »

Some of my culinary exploits have on occasion called for a larger than healthy sweetening solution but today this was not the case. It may not look great but it tasted yummy.

Blessing # 201 – Recipe to Keep