BOOM – Budget Day 3

During the summer Aaron and I did our tour of the south and since then we have been making some tasty dishes we ate while there.

Some of our favorites can be found at the back of the book Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe.

Yesterday we worked to our plan and achieved a good variety and balance. Our dinner of fried chicken with corn salad and freshly made biscuits was another good belly buster!

We weren’t at all hungry yet somethings were missing. When Antiques Roadshow came on I really wanted my glass of wine and Aaron was craving “meat”.

We both had to dig into the cookies but can’t say they satisfied what we were looking for. Dad didn’t complain at all!

Blessing # 211 – Southern Style