BOOM – Bhagwan

3EFBC96C-0E0D-4D12-8797-D4F475AC92F9.jpeg

On vacation we like to throw in just a little bit of sight seeing. We checked the surroundings of Houston and decided space was not for us.

FE50A41B-E72C-42ED-A54A-05ED9503B8EB.jpeg

So we did the sky scrapers with a spin around the downtown and then headed out to see something special. The beautiful BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir.

This Hindu temple was built by the followers of the guru Bhagwan Swaminarayan who was born in northern India 1781. The marble came from Italy but was carved in India in the traditional Hindu temple style. The opening was in summer 2004.

The temple is very beautiful and a the grounds are pristine. There is also a great little museum explaining all about Hinduism and about BAPS.

482D9D7B-E864-4A59-9F7F-4A38925CE768.jpeg

It was a great experience for all of us but especially for Aaron who is currently studying world religions as he was able to hear directly from his Dad all about the religion and philosophy.

Blessing # 290 – Sharing Tradition