BOOM – Bleak

9647953E-5BAA-40FD-81F8-01E9D6020334.jpeg

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet the Bard said. Wonder does that hold true for words like BLEAK.

Could BLEAK have every had a positive connotation? Is it because it’s meaning is so engrained in our language that we dislike it so. It certainly appropriately describes a seriously bad weather day like today.

Having had a taste of sunshine and warmth earlier in the week the bone chilling wet and eerie grayness of today seems even BLEAKER!

We are on the tail end of the storm wrecking havoc all the way up from the Gulf of Mexico.

Compared with those living further south we have come off fairly well.

However, when it’s shopping day and you can see a reflection of your local grocery store in a pond that has formed in its parking lot you know it’s wet!

E4C60BC4-EE6D-4164-9357-F8716289F140.jpeg

Nothing for it than a good dose of comfort food. The hotter and spicier the better.

Thoughts of India and maybe a view of the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel too! Or in second thoughts Monsoon Wedding

Blessing # 320 – Curry Cures