BOOM – Benchwork

AE8EABCC-7F72-4E7E-82A3-1DD8585CCA98.jpeg

In a previous life I worked on the bench doing a lot of analysis of fats, carbohydrates, fibers, proteins and amino acids.

This eventually led to a new path working with ingredients containing these components to make new food products.

All of this was fun most of the time but sometimes frustrating when you didn’t get the results you hoped for.

How life has changed. Now instead of working on the bench I’m working on a bench.

This bench happens to be about my age or maybe even older and was looking rather forlorn when I got it a few weeks ago in a yard sale. It has good bones though a fine form and solid frame.

There are so many shows on TV that make flipping old furniture look easy. It may be if you know what you’re talking about but taking out what seemed like a million nails is a labor of love.

2F10BE5D-F0CD-427B-8255-0A70946A417F.jpeg

Of course this had to be done before the fun of painting could start. First thought was to strip the bench back to the original wood but that seemed like too much hard work. So slap it on was the solution for this facelift!

First foundation coat dried well this weekend so today the build up could begin. First a little white then a little cream then a little silver. It’ll have to wait till another day to get the final touches and highlights then Krishna is going to help me do the matting for the seat. This requires too much patience for me.

By the end of the day we’ll probably have spent fifteen hours on this « makeover ». Even at minimum wage this would mean the investment made is well in excess of one hundred dollars.

1E6F1FE4-4895-4387-B7CB-342C8AA00C09

There’s not a chance this side of heaven that anyone will pay that for this baby but it’s a such a joy to do something like this.

Of one thing we can be sure. No creation like it will ever exist!

Blessing # 323 – Living the Dream