BOOM- A Bushel of Beans

55E5683A-B8CB-4FB8-A6B6-416DB5EE75B5.jpeg

It’s the season for the farmers all around us to plant their corn and beans. Right at this minute they are in a dilemma as to what to do.

A large percentage of the soy they sow is exported to China but the tariff tightrope that is ticking means beans may yield no profit. In the past four years the price of a bushel has already fallen from sixteen to just eight dollars!

The posturing of the politicians is puzzling for many including me. Having lived in China, albeit a long time ago, one thing I know for sure is that there is a mighty bubble in that country that is ready to burst.

The number of buildings that go up and are never occupied must equal at least the capacity of the steel mills in the rust belt of the USA.

All the checks and balances of the global economy are scary but if China shakes it we will be an earthquake for all of us.

46438C29-F107-4BCF-AAB1-701976C5BBAF.jpeg

With the stock market plunging let’s hope the bears teeth don’t ever get too close to that bubble or we’ll be eating the beans for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

Blessing # 336 – Commonwealth and Common Sense