BOOM – CC

2886A06E-77FC-4A46-B96F-AB4D4B464A01.jpeg

Most everyone young or old will be familiar with cc as it’s on every email we send and man do we send plenty of those!

4853897C-D622-43AF-9095-3B0AFA9F1201.jpeg

Some will know this stands for Carbon Copy but many out there will never have seen a typed let alone a handwritten carbon copy. Alas I fall into the age group that is familiar with both.

90B0F37E-BADD-4309-A008-A653C972FDA3.jpeg

Other  things that came to mind with CC was cubic cylinders. This has something to do with engine capacity and that is all I wish to know about that not being inclined to dive deep into physics, mechanics or engineering.

The term was extremely important to me though in my formative years as I pursued young men with motor bikes. My first boyfriend who owned a motorbike had a Honda 75CC  it was a bit like a glorified hairdryer. When I got on the back it went about thirty miles an hour.

95B1A770-A8DD-4686-961A-3D885C413217.jpeg

Soon I graduated to a boy who had a CZ100 it wasn’t the most desirable of modes of transport so he was replaced by a guy with a Honda 125. We stuck together for quite a while and he progressed to a Honda 400 Four. Now that was a sweet machine!

The thing though that CC means most for me is a soft drink company local to Northern Ireland. One C is for Canterell and the other for Cochrane and they make the worlds greatest orange soda simply called Club Orange.

0BBFA785-F020-46EF-B410-44667536660B.jpeg

C&C has a great advert in the 1970s showing a kid sitting under a tree guzzling a drink. The punch line of which was I’m Glad I’m Down Here With A Big Bottle. I sure could handle one of those right now. Just a few weeks and we’ll be popping one!

Blessing # 392 – Copies in Time